Life planning is an ongoing and lifelong process for personal fulfillment, with different foci at different stages of the life time. At the schooling stage, life planning education plays a significant role in fostering students’ self-understanding, personal planning, goal setting, reflective habits of mind and articulation to progression pathways. Hence, life planning education is not merely a remedial or advisory service for students when they are in need of making subject or career choice. It connects with school’s curriculum components, and through it students are equipped with the knowledge, skills and attitude to make wise choices in accordance with their interests, abilities and orientations; and guided to integrate their career/academic aspirations with whole-person development and life-long learning.
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Education Bureau. (2014). Principals and Teachers’ Corner. Careers Guidance. Retrieved from http://www.edb.gov.hk/tc/student-parents/careers-guidance/about-careers-guidance/principals_and_teachers_corner.html
1. To foster students’ self-understanding, self-exploration, personal planning and goal setting through the implementation of comprehensive life planning curriculum.
2. To enhance students’ understanding towards the work world and equip students with career-related knowledge and skills and facilitate students to make a connection between their study and future career through the organization of career talks and career-related workshops.
3. To equip teaching staff with relevant career-related skills and knowledge through staff development activities.
1. Design career-related curriculum and implement it in life education lessons.
2. Organise various career talks and career-related workshops to students through the cooperation with the NGOs.
3. Offer individual career counselling.
4. Conduct career-related activities and talks for teaching staff and parents.